JW Show 128 Part 1 – Curated by Billy
Finally getting these excellent shows out on the podcast! Billy, our superfan, has done some magnificent work choosing the playlist for this show including Blacklab, Skittish, Lights Out Dancing, and The Clintons.
He’s also sent us a few messages to add. You’ll hear me read them on the program, but I’ll include them here as well.
- Loomis & the Lust – Bright Red Chords
- The Clintons – Little Miss Perfect
- Lights Out Dancing – The Narrator
- Green River Ordinance – Goodbye LA
- Circus Envy – Three Score and Ten
- Skittish – Lovesongs and Lullabyes
- Black Lab – Postcards
- Kakuzi – Sunkissed Planet
- Ghosts You Echo – Erika
- Titty Bingo – To Forget You
- David Goo – Don’t Be a Dick
- Rachel Golding – Like What You See
- Jake Morley – Feet Don’t Fail Me Now
What Billy had to say about Blacklab…
One of the tracks being played today is by a band called Black Lab. This band rocks, and I remember in the late 90’s seeing Paul Durham and his band at a small club where we used to live. It was electrifying and was one of the indie sparks that remains to this day. Regardless of one’s age, artists come along that we connect with. Black Lab/Paul Durham in the late 90’s was a connection like Springsteen in the 70’s and Pearl Jam in the early 90’s was for me. As I fast forward to today’s indie music, that very same search leads to new and great discoveries. The Justin Wayne Show has exposed me to many great artists, and I particularly like the Clintons, Loomis and the Lust, and Titty Bingo. Great indie artists and worth checking out.
Grab the second half of this show for more songs chosen by Billy and all of his kind words about us!