Episode 7: Four Year Strong
Hello everyone from the frozen city of Minneapolis. After almost two days of travel crammed into one super-long day I made it back to the homeland on Wednesday. I’ve got many stories to tell, so keep an eye on the blog for more stories about Air India (the best airline out there, seriously), my trip to Duluth with Lights Out Dancing, leftover Halloween costumes and more. We’ll see how much time I find to write all these stories. There’s just so many good ones!
“I’ve seen the best and worst of you
But we’re sticking through
Cause the without all of the ups and downs
We’ve been through
You know that its true
That I could get really sick and tired of you.”
That’s the chorus from the Band of the Week, Four Year Strong. An amazing group of guys I’m told by my cohost this week, Ryan. One of the hardest working, hardest touring bands right now on the indie punk scene you should definitely cruise over and check them out. They’re starting a US tour starting on March 18th through till the beginning of May and they’ve also got dates booked all the way through August. Check them out on Myspace at www.myspace.com/fouryearstrong or at a very interesting homepage web address www.fucktheguywhoownsfouryearstrong.com.
I didn’t say that one on the show for good reason. I’m trying to keep my “clean” rating in good standing. It’s not that I don’t appreciate it. I do.
A special thanks to Ryan from Lights Out Dancing for co-hosting the show. We’ll definitely get him back to do another, we had such fun doing it and I’m sure you could tell.
Keep an eye out this week as I divulge my stories about my traveling and such. It’s been a very fun week aside from the fact that I have to be away from the love of my life. She’s there in London, so, “London, take care of her!”
Thanks a lot for frequenting the blog and the podcast, I appreciate it.
The Justin Wayne Show, Episode 7 – Four Year Strong
“Song title” Album name Band name Record Label
2. Scream Scream Wake Up, Thunderbabe The Battle Royale Afternoon Records
3. Hey Man Stranger in Nowhere Land Alex Apodaca
5. What Is It Worth? So Begins The Test Of A Man Small Towns Burn A Little Slower Dead Letter Records
6. You Better Believe It (Brand-new single) OK Tokyo Rough Trade Records
9. Kill The Lights This Is…The Jakes The Jakes
10. Happy Hallowe’en Not Everybody Gets A Happy Ending Die So Fluid
11. Fool Me Once, Strike One, Fool Me Twice, Strike Three Shooter’s Gonna Choke Rosematter Lobster Records
12. Elevator, Battle, Distance Viceroy Mark David Ashworth Autobus Records
13. Save The World Strange Day In Mexico The Clintons
14. Life and the Girl Oh The Places You’ll Go Lights Out Dancing
15. Dinosaurs Happy Birthday The Burning Hell Weewark Records
Thanks to all the artists for a great show, and a special thanks to my brother and member of Lights Out Dancing for co-hosting this week. He’ll definitely be asked back to the show again, so listeners have no fear. He’ll be back.
Thank you for all the support and help over the past few months this has been going on. I look forward to a long working relationship with all of you; bands and listeners alike.